This article really doesn’t have much do with digital
arts or culture, but I think it is important
to call someone on saying something really fucking stupid. Elon Musk wants to
be one of the first to set up a colony on Mars. Okay, that’s all well and good.
Ah, and he wants to make it so the “average guy” in their mid-forties could
easily afford a ticket. Well, damn that’s even better. It’s the Mayflower all
over again. Humanity is finally stepping out of the nest and expanding to new
horizons of greatness…I’m sorry, Mr. Musk what was that? I was kinda high on
the seer awesome of…WHAT! A “reasonably” priced ticket to you is HALF A FUCKING MILLION DOLLARS!...you can kind go fuck yourself.
Pictured: the average savings of a male in his mid-forites
I try to not be such a belligerent dick, I really do…but why
does the world keep making it so damned hard. Even adjusted for inflation that
is still a lot of money. What’s gonna happen is only the super wealthy are
going to be able to afford tickets and BAM,
just like that Mars just became the next Dubai-esque playground for the rich. I
bring this up because the future of humanity is something I’m often concerned
about…but this guy is either just completely out of touch with just how much
the “average guy” makes or is just that fucking stupid.
No comments:
Post a Comment