It’s November 6th everyone! YEA! Thank god, now
that election season is over I can go onto the internet and not suffer as much
political asshattery…for the most part. But apparently something hilariously interesting
happened a few months before. Apparently a lot of people dropped off of Twitter. The reason given? Well, supposedly if you give enough people an open
forum with a lot of anonymity it tends to make them behave like complete dicks.
For proof of this I point you to highly acclaimed internet master John Gabriel’s
extremely helpful mathematical diagram.
![]() |
| Penny-Arcade.com |
To be less vague about it people were swearing off Twitter
because they got sick and tired of trolls being armature political pundits and
demanding they vote. Now, I’ve been on the internet for years now and have come
to learn much about the wily Troll but I now see that it is news. This is why
the internet is so fascinating; it’s a one-of-a-kind environment where people
can express themselves without anyone ever knowing who they are. This one
system has completely changed the world by such magnitude that its staggering. However,
it has also reveled the stagger levels of idiocy, racism, and general
asshattery that the populace will engage in when given said open forum and
anonymity.

No comments:
Post a Comment