The fight against Internet piracy continues. A new policy isin the works from some major internet providers and the government. Which I’ll
just go ahead and translate for you as SOPA Lite…well I’d like to anyway. What
strikes me as super-sketchy here is the fact that the people who are making
this policy (as well as enforcing it) haven’t told us sweet fuck-all about it.
What we do know is that people caught going to pirating sites (read torrent
sites) will be redirected and could have their internet speeds severely and
have access to sites blocked. The article linked above poses the important question
of “which sites, guys?” which is a good goddamn question.
YAR! Load as much free porn as the hard drive can hold!
The number of times I’ve talked
about piracy on this blog is starting to get old for me, but holy hell, this
crap just keeps happening. My feelings on pirating are pretty straightforward:
Don’t Fucking Do It. The best argument I can present is thus: If you’re
torrenting a TV series or movies or music that you like then you’re actively hurting
the sales of those things. We live in a capitalist country and if something doesn’t
make money we stop making it. In the long run, by pirating you’re acting to
ensure that you want get any more of the things you love. That being said, I’ve
yet to see a movie producer, recording artist, or television executive who was
wont for anything. Oh, and I love the quote in the article about how this new Six
Strikes (as they call it) policy is “more valid under human rights law,”. Keyword
more that doesn’t make it any better.
Example, getting kicked in the shin is more
merciful than getting kicked in the testicles (or ovaries). It’s a problem to
be sure, but sweet mercy there needs to be a better way to deal with this crap.

No comments:
Post a Comment