I’m actually kind of ashamed I haven’t posted about this yet, but better late than never I suppose.
Some of you may know that WSU Tri-Cities has its own
Creative Arts journal. It’s called The Element. It’s open submission (like all
journals) and accepts Art, Photography, Poetry and Prose. Now is a great time
for me because with this I might be able to generate some great traffic. I
myself am Head Editor for Prose and as such it is my job to judge weather a
piece of writing is worthy of publication (all I’m looking for is a good story
that is consistent and makes sense) and my co-Editors have very similar criteria
for publication. The point is that I think its far better to have too many
submission than to few. If you’re afraid we’ll know who you are and have some
kind of bias (positive or negative) fear not because all submissions are
blindly submitted to all the editors. There are no names for myself or the
editors to associate with the work. Don’t worry about rejection, it happens and
you can ask for feedback by the editors on the submission form. Seriously, I’ve
been rejected (on numerous fronts) multiple times. Each time I get better and
sometimes it’s just a matter of bad luck.
Anyway, please submit whatever you want to share. Stories, poems, photos, art projects of any kind; all can be submitted. If you get it published you get that bragging right. “I’m a published (writer, poet, artists, photographer)”
You can go here for submissions if you so chose.
Okay, back to being inane…
Can you bring this up in class? This is important!
ReplyDelete