And i'm not even gonna be comedic about it. What follows is me beign completly straight-faced about this. There is absoultly no sarcastic undertone to the followign writing.
A new search engine for the web has launched. It is aptly named Search.xxx
As we all may or may not know, it is incredably difficult to find porn on the interent of any kind whatsoever. In order to combat this lack of content browsing, ICM Registry has created a search engine designed for finding porn sites on the internet. Brave, brave people these.
Jesus, I'm sorry. I can't keep writing like this or I'm going to have a brain aneurysm. Okay, deep breaths....phew.
In all seriousness though this engine does bring up a topic that is acctually relevant to digital culture, and that is piracy. I can garantee that the majority of the sites that this engine links to are Tube sites (sites that stream content for free). I'd bet that the pornography indutry is the most pirated industry right up there with film and video games, but this engine is more or less activly enabling piracy...which is shitty on several level. You can get the much more professional story here...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/27/searchxxx-porn-search-engine_n_1921161.html
No comments:
Post a Comment