Followers

Thursday, December 6, 2012

More Proof that I am a Man-Child


BIG-ASS SWINGS!!! Yeah, now that’s what I’m talking about. For any newcomers out there (hopefully) I’ll state right here that I’m a huge fan of art that is playful and often larger than life. My pervious posts are evidence of that. This is a “multisensory” project by Ann Hamilton that occupies theWade Thompson Drill Hall which, bee tee dubs, is 55,000 square feet…are as I like to say with all the eloquence I’ve gathered after four years of reading classic literature: “Reaaaly fuckin’ big”

I would jump out of that thing...screw up the experiance but it would kick ass
 

It doesn’t end with just a bunch of swings, a curtain, and hardwood flooring. A pair of readers in robes will read from large scrolls which participants can listen to through ear-piece radio transmitters that you can pick up from the floor…why they are in robes and why they have pigeons caged next to them is not something I’m equipped to answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment